I keep forgetting to write something about watching the inauguration. I watched almost the whole day of coverage because I was at home and the whole day I had mixed emotions. I was happy to see so many people be so excited about the country and waving all their flags, but I was also afraid that we were somewhat setting ourselves up for disappointment. I just hope we're not expecting too much out of this presidency. However, Camelot has returned! President Kennedy's tenure is often referred to as "Camelot" because it was a time that everyone watched the President. He was the first Roman Catholic President, he had a young family, and his wife set the standard from then on our for a fashionable first lady. Whether or not Obama's presidency is regarded as a success, everyone will probably remember pictures of their daughters growing up in the white house and Michelle will probably become a new fashion icon.
I went to the Reagan Library when I was younger (this was while Clinton was in office) and I couldn't help but think the whole time I was there about how much 'Ronnie' and Nancy loved each other. There are multiple love letters and numerous other pieces of evidence that they had a wonderful marriage and was contrasting that to the current 'First Family' who was seemingly falling to pieces after the President's affair. As I was watching the inauguration, I was really excited or relieved to see Michelle and Barack's affection for one another. I really hope they do have a happy marriage.
Nonetheless, it was a very historic day and I'm really glad that I was there to witness it. Definitely something that I don't want to forget. I wish this administration the best and hope they will accomplish the things they set out to do, but more than anything that they will be guided by the Lord to make the best decisions for the country.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment