Friday, April 16, 2010

Come On Girls. We Have Work to Do.

Nursing didn't exactly go as planned with Will and I'm determined to make it work this time. I figure if I have the right gear in tow, I can better set myself up for success in this endeavor. After much, much, much deliberation and research, I think these items are on my wishlist. All of these items are made by Bravado! and are highly highly rated by pretty much any review I can find online. I wanted to find a really good nursing tank top to use for the first few weeks when all you do it sit at home and feed the kid. Most nursing tanks I've found have a shelf bra, which for um, endowed women like myself, is code word for useless. This tank by Bravado! has a full bra inside for lots and lots of support, eliminating the need to wear a bra with it. I'm all about simplicity.
This is Bravado!'s "Allure Underwire". I'm impressed by the pictures that it looks like a really normal, almost sexy looking bra. First, we had the internal combustion engine, then ipods, and now attractive nursing bras! Wow! We've come a long way as a civilization! Underwire nursing bras are not recommended until you have a good nursing routine formed, so we'll hold off on this one till Duke is 6 or 7 weeks old.

This is the Bliss bra. It boasts molded cups, with a seamless design, still offering loads of support. Girls, are you up for this!? This will hopefully be my go-to bra for everyday use. It's (supposed to be) comfortable, attractive, and highly functional.
I've also been interested in trying these Lily Padz. They are little silicone petals that stick on to your nipples to completely prevent leakage from happening. If these things work, they'll pretty much save my life. There is no worse feeling than having those doughnut disposable pads hanging out in your bra.

*This asterisk is for my mom. Mom, if you're reading this, I'm sorry I'm talking about breasts and bras on the Internet.
And in non-nursing gear, I'm still researching double strollers. I'm pretty for sure going to be getting the BabyTrend double jogger. However, we really need 2 strollers because we have 2 cars that we use equally, and neither of us are organized enough to make sure the stroller is in the right car. And plus, I really love love love having a small umbrella stroller for traveling and mall trips. That being said, the jury is still out. Its between the Combi double, Graco IPO umbrella double, and the Maclaren. I might head to Babies R Us this weekend to take a test drive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, it's like you've read my mind! I finally feel like I've found a nursing bra I can be comfortable with. As for the stroller goes, we went with the Baby Trend Sit-N-stand Double stroller. Nick still doesn't walk and it is a must! Plus our previous infant seat fits it.

Sorry you're having so much trouble! I too can't help but complain even though it drives me crazy to do so. I think about you guys all the time and wonder how you're doing. Hang in there!

Emmy said...

Ha! Great entry. I am going to get some of these, per your research. I am too tired right now to my own research, so BRAVO!!
And, I think it's funny that you apologize to your mother about this entry when in the previous entry you renamed your nether-regions three different times. hahahahaah. .. had me laughing! :) Love you!

Dan Gusty said...

we have the baby trend double and love it- just make sure it has a swivel front wheel.

Emmy said...

Ames, did you end of up with one of these? I would love to hear your feedback!!