Monday, April 26, 2010

Another Dream

Last night I had a dream that I went into labor (3 weeks early, of course) and I knew the baby was coming really fast so there wasn't time to drop Will off somewhere, so I just threw him in his car seat and we headed really quickly to OSU. I called Cort on the way and told him we were having the baby and fast. He got on the next shuttle from Ackerman (where he works, less than 2 miles from the hospital) and races through the medical center to the labor and delivery floor. Meanwhile, Will and I drop the car off at Valet (whoever thought of valet parking at the hospital is a genius. Makes pregnant women feel so much more at ease) and some poor student intern races us up to Labor and Delivery in a wheelchair. On my way into the delivery room a nice nurse takes Will and I can hear them playing while I scramble into the delivery room and give birth a few minutes later.

And then I woke up and told Cortney about my dream and he laughed and said that was the most real-sounding dream I've had my entire pregnancy.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

As a woman who has never gone into labor naturally - I would surely have been a casualty of pregnancy on plains with the pioneers. . . I don't think women should carry babies until 50 weeks- this sounds like the worst nightmare of all nightmares in the history of nightmares!

The Katzbox said...

Amy, as the mother of Emily Slusser, let me tell you this: I arrived at the hospital at 4:00 and she arrived at 4:13. I had 13 minutes to spare.

Your dream was kinda sorta my reality....and I'm still talking about it 25 years later *cough*