Sunday, April 18, 2010

Today

Today Will woke up from his nap and wanted to sit on my lap. I love it when this happens because Will sitting still next to me or on me is a pretty rare occasion. Today, he sat on my lap for 45 minutes. And we didn't even read books, just sat there. I looked down at the top of his head, relished in his blond hair. Then examined his legs and smiled that they were constantly covered in scabs and bruises, they way boys legs should look. And pinched the top of his feet and love that he still has a nice layer of fat on the tops of his feet, making them all the more cute. And then I realized that there were probably only going to be a handful more times where Will would be sitting on my lap and there would only be him. And I wasn't sure whether to feel happy or sad.

4 comments:

TheSchmierneys said...

I remember feeling that way when i was pregnant with Leah and realizing that it wasnt gonna just be Me & Alex anymore. It's bitter sweet! There's a secret little spot of your heart that will always belong to Will because he was your first! but I promise when little Duke comes along it'll feel like he wasnt meant to be there all along sharring your lap.. thats why their bums start out so small, so they both fit!

Alicia said...

Awe.

The Katzbox said...

Enjoy. He may leave your lap, but he'll be holding onto your heart forever.

Nikki said...

Hey Amy! I didn't even know you are expecting!! How awesome for you guys! Congrats!!