
Those of you who know Will know that his verbal skills are slightly behind the curve, not by much, but he definitely is behind some of his friends. Take little Grace Carter for example. She's a month younger than Will and can already say things like 'my daddy is an ophthalmologist' and 'she pooped a hundred'. We get pretty stoked when Will learns new sounds that make up his secret vocabulary. Most recently he started saying 'Wow-wah' which means 'shower'. He also has picked up a few words from watching some of his favorite shows Toy Story and Up.
A few nights ago, Will was having a hard time surrendering to bedtime, so I went in to lay down with him for a few minutes which usually does the trick. We had the following conversation.
Dad - 'Hey Will, I just wanted to tell you that I am so proud of you. You are a really good boy, and I appreciate the kind of brother you are to Duke. I think you're a great example to him, and I think he will always look up to you. Thanks for being such a great kid.'
Will - 'Woody'
I wouldn't trade a coherent conversation with multi-syllable words and mutual understanding for that moment for anything. Will will learn to communicate better when he's ready, I'll just enjoy talks like this in the meantime.
3 comments:
Oh that' so cute - love it Amy. I wanna see you sometime! We should work on that...
This is adorable.
I have had so much fun catching up on your blog! And now Gracie is famous...at least in the world of Amy McAllister's friends! Will's words are adorable. Both "Sace" and I think so.
Post a Comment