Due to the abundance of cooking I did this weekend, we have been eating leftovers for lunch and dinner all week. And let me tell you, it's been awesome. No stress at dinner time! I'm thinking of adopting the once-a- week cooking method and making at least 3 meals on the weekend to cut down on weeknight cooking. Any recipes that are especially good reheated (besides the obvious lasagna and enchiladas) that you want to send my way?
I'm also in need of some new crock pot recipes, if anyone would be so kind.
Here's a new one I found for a "lite" version of Cafe Rio pork http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/slow-cooked-sweet-barbacoa-pork.html?m=1
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I cook a pot roast and use it for 3 diff meals...1 pot roast and potatoes, 2 French Dip Sanwiches and 3 Carne Asada Tacos.
Hey Amy! I found your blog through anna's and thought I'd share some crockpot recipes. We have been surviving on the crockpot as of late. My sister and I have a food blog and there are a bunch of crockpot recipes. I recommend the chicken cordon bleu
http://familyfoodiefun.blogspot.com/search/label/Slow%20Cooker
I also just made this the other night and quite liked it
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-meat-loaf-with-shiitake-mushrooms-10000000549823/
And another
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-Cacciatore/Detail.aspx
and lastly, my go to cheap crockpot dinner is one whoe roasting chicken cook on low 8-10 hours. You can do a variety of seasonings and rubs. It's really Versitle and tender. I like lemon, pepper, salt, and Rosemary. You can serve it as is or you can shred it and use it in a million recipes.
Hope that helps!
Laurie allred
Amy-
I have doubled both of these recipes and frozen the other half with good results many times.
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/02/sweet-and-sour-meatballs.html
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/06/baked-chipotle-beef-taquitos/
If you freeze them, then you don't necessarily have to eat the same meal multiple times in a week, which is always nice. Tell Cort these are our early birthday present to him. We always think of him on tax day!
Post a Comment