General Conference weekend is like the best birthday present ever in this regard. Yesterday, I spent the entire morning session (not really morning for us, it starts at noon) baking while listening to Conference, courtesy Mormon Channel Ap. We were headed to a friend's birthday party after the next session and I volunteered myself to make her birthday cake. Chocolate chocolate chip bunt cake with chocolate glaze. I also made giant banana crumb muffins as her hangover remedy (because she most definitely have a hangover tomorrow) and rice crispy treats just for fun.
Today, Cort has no meetings! This frees up so much time, you have no idea! So we let daddy sleep in a little bit, while Will and I made cinnamon banana waffles. Will was so excited to take Dad breakfast in bed! He immediately jumped up on the bed and we all enjoyed eating banana waffles together.
As we speak, I'm making a potato bacon fritatta that I season with cilantro, feta cheese, and black beans. And since Lauren was nice enough to bring us mango salsa this week, that will most definitely be going on top! My homemade lasagna is on the menu for tonight- something I haven't made in far too long for some unknown reason. We'll probably add a spinach salad and balsamic glazed green beans.
I just love weekends like this. Thank you General Conference for coming twice a year to give me opportunities to reconnect with my family mind, body, and spirit.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
3 comments:
Yum! I wish I was there, that cake looks so yummy...I miss your cooking...another reason (of the millions) that we miss you guys. Glad you had a good General Conference...I have to agree, it is such a refreshing weekend.
ps...that was really posted by tamber
I LOVE baking or cooking while watching conference... yet I really need to be alone or at least sans kids while doing it. It makes me feel like Martha. (How's that for nerdy???)
Post a Comment