Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Grandpa

These two are best friends. They absolutely love being together and anxiously await when they can spend time and work on projects together.

I'm not sure how or why, but Will and grandpa are kindred spirits. They just understand each other and their relationship is sweetly unique.

Dad planned a few wood working projects while we were in CA in February and Will loves his race car and pirate ship that he made with grandpa. Will loves to use tools and "fix it" and he already has many memories of building/fixing things with grandpa. Every time Will gets ahold of a screwdriver, he immediately goes to his bed and tries to tighten the screws-Will and PaPa put his bed together the last time they came to visit. And a little bird informed me that Will would be getting a screwdriver from PaPa's personal collection for his birthday on Saturday. Destined to be a treasure, I'm sure.

Dad took Will for a ride in the cobra and he said Will was the only grandchild that wasn't afraid of it's loud engine, but instead he giggled and smiled in delight at the obvious power of my dad's favorite car. I can only imagine this further cemented their connection:)

Every time Will sees an airplane he screams, "PaPa! Airplane" and it pains me that these two can't see each other more and even further that I have no idea when they'll see each other next.

Dad is always sending Will pictures of him and his cousins and we keep adding them to a photo album, which is one of Will's favorite books to look at. Will, very emphatically I might add, points out PaPa in every picture.

Other than Aunt Sassy, PaPa is the only adult (besides mom and dad) that Will asks for regularly.

I hate that Will and PaPa live so far apart, but I'm so thrilled they have such a string bond in spite of the distance between them. I know they'll always be close.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: