
Most of my friends and family know that 98% of my kids' clothes come from the thrift store. But not just the thrift store- the thrift store on half price day. Yes, the last Tuesday is one of my favorite days each month and last month was no exception. As the seasons are changing, it was time to buy Will's winter wardrobe-which I did for $20. That included 12 long sleeve shirts, 4 pants (we have more from handmedowns), 2 hoodies, lands end snow boots, and Tony Hawk skate shoes.
The rest of the boys' wardrobes come from the target clearance rack and grandma. Columbus is a hot spot for fantastic thrift stores. We're so lucky! I know multiple families who use the local thrift stores to solely clothe their families and furnish their homes and they are easily some of the most fashionable people I know.
Here is one of Will's new school outfits. Handsome, no? He looks so grown up each time I buy him bigger clothes, but grown up in a good way. His entire outfit cost $5. The shirt and cords were $1 each and the shoes were $3 at Target.
And with the seasons changing, it's time for Mom and Dad to get some new threads. We'll be heading to the "expensive" thrift store-Goodwill-where we'll have to pay a whopping $3.50 an item. Looks like we have a hot date night in our future!
1 comment:
You're good. You should be a personal "thrift" shopper!
Post a Comment