Friday, March 26, 2010

Do dreams mean anything?

I'm just putting this out there, so anyone feel free to give their opinion. I'm slightly hoping Debbie or Erica reads this and they can give their professional opinion.

So my question is, do dreams mean anything? And the reason I bring this up is that in the past 3 months I've had a dream almost every week that this baby is born 3 weeks early. Not 2 weeks, or a few days, but 3 weeks early every time. And as I've been thinking as to why I would dream this, I can't really figure out why. Will was born a week early (I was induced), so there's not really a history that would lend me to think that he would be born that early, or that I would go into labor on my own. These dreams are so frequent that I've almost conceded that this baby will be born in May (2-3 weeks early).

And it's not the exact same dream every time either. Sometimes I go into labor in the middle of the night, sometimes my water breaks, its totally different every time, but always 3 weeks early.

Any thoughts are welcome.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I totally think dreams mean something and have had several important dreams to prove it. But I've also had many reoccurring dreams that have meant absolutely nothing (so far).... I always try to think about what's been on my mind subconsciously and if there is another reason I might be preoccupied with something. But I'd have your bags packed in May.

Linda said...

There are tons of theories. Google "pregnancy dreams". I personally think we can get a lot of information from dreams. In that quiet time between sleeping and being awake there is time for the subconscious to work, synthesize the thoughts, happenings and emotions of the day. Pregnancy is such an active and dynamic time in every way - and you are close to a newly forming body with its spirit close by. I'm not surprised that communication is going both ways. Just a theory, though.

Linda said...

P.S. May babies are nice - I'm one! Clarkster, too.

The Katzbox said...

Lauren and Linda each offered you very wise advice. I would listen to their counsel. :)