Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Married Up

I take a nap almost every day. As long as Will has been part of our family, I have usually taken a nap with him each day and its now definitely our daily routine. We eat lunch at 11:30 and at noon, I put Will to bed, take a shower, and hop into bed until about 2:30 or 3 when Will wakes up. I love this time of day. I know I would be so much more productive if I used that time to clean or do other projects, but there is just something so satisfying of lying down when its all quiet and closing my eyes for a moment to rest. I have often felt guilty for taking so much time out of the day to "rest" while my husband works or is at school and I've often thought that if our roles were reversed, I would hate sitting at my desk from noon to 2 each day and knowing that my wife and kid were sleeping while I was working hard and wishing I could be sleeping too.

Almost every day, I get a text message from Cortney around noon saying, "Sweet Dreams". And never ever once has Cortney ever acted jealous that I get to take a nap every day, while he's working. I asked him about this the other day and he said that time of the day (when we're sleeping) is one of his favorite parts of the day. He said, "I love that little 2-3 hour stretch where I don't get any calls or texts from you, because I know you're sleeping with Will and I love having that reminder each day that I'm working hard so you be afforded with a lifestyle where you can have time to rest each day. It just makes me feel good." I'm telling you, this one's a keeper.

5 comments:

Tamber said...

he sure is a keeper. I am jealous that will still takes naps. Marcus stopped all together around h is 2nd birthday. Every once in a while he will take one if he is sick, or didnt sleep well the night before and I take full advantage of it. Oh how I miss nap time.

Lauren said...

that is so nice. i took a nap in your honor today.

Alicia said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard. Naps rock!

Unknown said...

What a sweet and sincere thing to say, a keeper indeed!

Linda said...

Beyond love. - You are cherished.