Three cheers for Duke who sleeps 8+ hours at night on a regular basis. And did I mention that he smiles? Its really the cutest thing ever. Can't get enough of that kid. I'm pegging him to be a gentle giant. I'm sure he'll be bigger than Will, but I don't think there's any way he'll be as aggressive. He's just so cuddly and lovable! He still growls constantly, but its become one of my most favorite endearing qualities and I'll be sad when his esophagus gets bigger and he won't growl anymore. And I think his curls are here to stay. And I'm starting to think his brown hair is here to stay as well. If I had time to post pics, I would:) But I haven't even downloaded pics in a while, so you'll have to use your imagination. And he's 2 months old now. Where has the time gone?
I came in to get Duke out of the crib last week and Will had climbed in and was laying down next to Duke. He kept telling me to leave and close the door so he could take a nap with Duke. And now whenever I can't find Will, I look in Duke's crib first because he's usually there.
Will is still obsessed with trains. This was probably instigated by the fact that we cross 2 sets of railroad tracks everywhere we go. We bought him a train table and train set for the basement and it has already been determined that it is the best investment we've made in a while. Will has also recently acquired the skill of unlatching all the childproof latches in our house. Great.
One of the most important days of the year has just happened (Aug. 1). It's the day where Cortney can run around saying that football season starts next month. We have a rule that Cortney is not allowed to talk about football season until August. The reason for this is that by talking about football season, that means fall is near. And when fall is near, the awful most terrible part of the year (the "w" word) is coming closer. And we really hate bad words in our house, so we don't even let ourselves come close to saying the "w" word, let alone think about it. However, this also means our OSU and BYU flags will come out of the closet any day now and will be hung with pride on our porch. And I've decided that if I could combine BYU football with the OSU fans and band, it be the best of both words. I love the Cougs, but our fans suck. OSU fans need to offer a class to BYU fans where the subjects covered would be: not even contemplating NOT wearing BYU clothing to a game, tailgates last more than 30 minutes, etc. The silver lining of being in Ohio around football season means that you get to hear the OSU fight song all the time and I love that song. Probably one of the best fight songs around.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been meaning to comment on your blog because I love it. I found it through Camilla's and really enjoy reading your thoughts. I love that Will gets into Duke's crib to nap with him. Love it. That is so sweet. It makes me almost want to push our baby #2 date up a little. Almost. :)
Post a Comment