Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tactics for later

I've heard of some really great "parenting" techniques recently that I want to write down before I forget. While we can't use them now, something tells me I will be very thankful I wrote these down in a few years...

1) car and cell phone privileges will hinge on early morning seminary attendance. You want to drive a car/have a phone today? Then you go to seminary today. You didn't go to seminary today? I'm sorry, but you don't get to drive the car today. And this isn't to force our kids to go to seminary. It's to prove responsibility, because I think you need to prove to be responsible to have a phone and a car and I can't think of a better way to prove responsibility than to manage yourself well enough to make it to a religion class at 6 am.

2. Internet access. We'll set a new password everyday and I will reveal the password when the kids have finished their chores for the day.

Both of these are brilliant. Just brilliant. Genius, even. Any more gems anyone has to share?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've seen a couple of these recently and i love them. the seminary thing is new though. love that too!

Alicia said...

My lovely daughter broke my keyboard on my laptop months ago and I have really sucked at not reading (as often) or commenting (at all)... However, I love your family and your blog. Cort's comments made me LOL and I am jotting down some of those book titles for myself.
Missed you!