Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I can do anything for 4 hours

I have the stomach flu and will be boarding (solo) a red eye in T-minus 3 hours with two toddlers.

Count your blessings you aren't me right now.

However, as I think about it, in a super sick weird way, surviving hypermemesis twice now has prepared me for situations such a this.

1) I am not even close to being embarrassed to throw up in a public place anymore. Like, not even a remote worry. I have no qualms about puking anywhere, anytime.

2) spearmint gum makes nausea a teeny bit manageable in between pukes.

3) I've been on some hefty no-nausea diets in the past, so I'm probably a leg ahead of anyone else on knowledge of how to eat to keep nausea at bay.

4) mind over matter. I have convinced myself I don't need to throw up countless times.

5) reading sad biographies is a sure way to keep your mind off queasiness. I'm currently reading a book about a Dad trying to reconcile with his adult son with autism--perfect.

6) I will never see the people on this flight ever again.

7) I brought my toothbrush in my purse so I can brush immediately following you-know-what. Carrying a travel size toothbrush in my pocket while pregnant proved to be imperative.

8) I'm good at telling myself, "Amy, this is only 4.5 hours. You can do almost anything for 4.5 hours.

So, with that, I think I'm ready to go.

Wouldn't mind if a few people crossed their fingers for me though...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: