Monday, March 24, 2014

Cortney called in "sick" to his church meetings this morning and, oh my heavens, it was lovely. I haven't been that relaxed on a Sunday morning in such a long time. We made pancakes, the boys played and watched basketball, I took a mid morning nap...true heaven.

At one point, Duke was crying about something not going his way, and I just sat down and put him on my lap and held him for a while--something I would never have the time/presence of mind to do on a regular Sunday because I'm trying to hard to get everyone ready and stay clean. Cortney has been gone so much lately for his calling and work, too. We were desperate for some family downtime.

We came home from church and I made rumbi rice, grilled chicken and steamed carrots and peas. I need to go to the store badly, but thankfully had at least that on hand.

Cort went back to church for the youth conference testimony meeting in the evening while Will watched "bowling TV". He loves bowling and watching it is even better. He has a bowling set that I got at the thrift store that he plays with all the time.

Duke is cute and grumpy all at once. He is soooo mean when he's tired. Going to the ENT to schedule his tonsillectomy tomorrow.

Matt is eating solids! I give him half a pouch of food mixed with cereal each day. He's still eating his toes and rolling over. When he's on the floor, he can spin himself around, just not propel himself forward, while hopefully that won't happen for a while. I'm not ready for him to be mobile!

No comments: