Saturday, March 1, 2014

I don't remember the details of the days since I last posted, so I'll just give the highlights I can remember.

Wednesday was really foggy, all day. Really dense fog, which is rare for Austin. In the morning, Duke was enamored with it and especially seeing lights on neighbors houses through the fog. He asked to go for a walk and look at the lights. Matt was asleep upstairs, so we headed out and walked hand in hand around the block. It was so cute and fun and we were by ourselves outside for probably 20 min. Sadly, I don't remember when I had 20 min of uninterrupted time with Duke. We looked at all the lights on the houses and talked about the weather. Towards the end, I told him I needed to go inside just to check on Matt. He said "oh, Matt is lost. Sorry mom." Matt is almost 5 mos old and this is the first time we've really had either if the boys make jealousy comments like this. But I had to admit, I didn't want my Duke time to end either.




Fog at 1pm.

Earlier that week, we went to mutual with Cort because the activity was a birthday party for a kid turning 16. At one point, Cort was gone at a meeting, and I had lost Duke. This happens frequently, so Will and I headed out of the cultural hall to circle around the church to find him. Except we didn't. We circled around a few times and looked in all the classrooms and couldn't find him. My heart was starting to race, but I was trying to be calm for Will. Will us a pretty tender kid and he was getting worried too.
He started tearing up and at one point said, "I'm really going to miss Duke!" as if he weren't ever going to see him again. It was sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. We found him right after, he was with Cort at his meeting.

I gave Matt solids for the first time! I bought a few of the squeezable pouches and would squeeze it out on a spoon to feed him. Duke asked if he could try and he took the spoon and immediately said "here comes the airplane! Open big" and swerving the spoon back and forth. It was adorable. He did it three more times. He's never seen me do that before, so I'm not sure where he got it from.










Somehow (ie older brothers) Matt got marker all over his face. This kid is sleeping great. All in all, he's just so great. So so happy and just loves to be a part of everything. He seems to be growing so quickly. It's bittersweet. But if he can always smile like this, then I think I can take his aging in stride. He still squawks and tries to talk and sometimes sounds like a bird. He enjoys his toes.




It's also grapefruit season in TX. Juicy and so sweet. Another perk of living here in February.

Other activities over the last few days: Chick Fil A with friends, throwing rocks in the creek, signing up Duke for preschool next year, Costco, run club, buying a soccer ball and you bowling set at Goodwill.

No comments: