I have a lot to catch up on (trip to Michigan, trip to Dallas) but I need to get back into the habit of recording something everyday. So lets begin.
I took Matt to half price day at Salvation Army and we picked up a few things, including a $1.50 bumper for his crib, so hopefully he won't get his ankles caught anymore. Matt is such a good sport coming with me to the stores, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts...he should be a handful pretty soon an thrift store shopping with him will be crazy:)
Today was early release for Will, and school got out at 12:45. I picked him up, then went on to pick up Duke. On the way, we passed an apartment complex by our house and the school bus was dropping off kids from Will's school. There were about 10 elementary school kids who got off the bus, and there were no adults waiting for them. The kids got off the bus, and walked through the complex parking lot to their homes. My heart sank. Maybe it was because school had gotten out early and parents were still getting home from work, but I sure hope there were parents waiting for them at home. Even when the boys are a little older, it's hard for me to think of Will or Duke coming home to an empty house after school, and it made me thankful to have the opportunity to be home with them.
We played at home for a while and let Matt take a nap, but I had to wake him up so we could meet Beth and Jackson, Nicholas, Tabby, and grace at the park. We walked from Rattan Creek park all the way down the trail until it turns around. The boys were exhausted! But the weather was so great, I just loved being outside.
We came home and fed everyone. I made pasta for dinner, then Cort came home from work with donuts. So we ate both. Who cares.
After what seemed like a long time, the boys finally fell asleep and I am, once again, way too tired to do anything else, so I will fall asleep at 9 and hopefully be rested for my run at 6 am tomorrow.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment