-last Sunday, Duke was playing with some balloons my mom sent him. Duke loves balloons. I hate them. They make my kids psycho and when they pop, they think their world is over. I just recently asked my mom to stop sending them because the craziness was getting out if control.
This Sunday morning was no different. A lot of chaos with the balloons. Will and Duke were having a balloon war. It was getting loud. I was starting to get frustrated because I was trying to get them ready for church and finish my Sunday school lesson. Then all of a sudden, Duke stopped and said "Jesus loves balloons." I laughed at the time because it was so random, but as the day went on, I couldn't get the imagery out if my mind. I kept imagining Jesus playing with a group of toddlers in a room full of balloons. I couldn't help but smile. Duke, you're right buddy, I'm sure Jesus loves balloons.


-we've been telling more stories at bedtime and Dukes stories mostly revolve around balloons. One night he told a story about a little boy named Duke who had a balloon and the balloon popped, then Duke said "sorry, it's gone" Someone hears that a little too much in really life...
-Will told a story the other night about a little boys named Will who saved his family from a burning building and the fireman rewarded him with a sticker. A whole sticker!!
- the other night Cortney was traveling and Angela invited us over for dinner. It was so fun and I'm still constantly in awe of Angela. She's such an amazing mom. To anyone who is a single mom, who thinks their life is hard, I'll introduce you to Angela and you'll see that you, too, can be a single mom in a horribly crappy situation with grace. And her daughter Sofia is Duke first crush. It's kinda cute.
- Will was playing Simon says in the bathtub with Duke. Then Duke wanted a turn, but didnt really know what he was doing so he started saying "Polar express says touch your ear. Polar express says bend down."
- yesterday we took the boys to Chuck E Cheese. Such fantastic people watching there. The only other white adult we saw there was following around his kids from game to game with a bottle of Lysol wipes. Boys had a blast. And after $10 in tokens and an hour of games, we had enough tickets to get two small laffy taffys and 2 rolls of sweet tarts. Truly, a bargain.
- I had to wrestle to get Duke to brush his teeth yesterday. While i was holding his mouth open to brush his teeth, he was playing with his fingers, opening and closing them. He extended his middle finger for about 30 seconds and flipped me off. I know it was happenstance, but I'm sure he was thinking the toddler equivalent of the F word while I was propping his jaw open to brush his teeth.
I love this boy, Matty. He's just squishy and round in all the right places. He has the sweetest noises and he starting to blow raspberries. I swear he talks with his little noises, exhales, an outbursts. It's always very appropriate for the moment which makes me think he's just a very "aware" spirit. He loves to bounce. Loves it! And is always just happy as can be. He is quite the sleeper now too (thank goodness). He sleeps in his own crib now and he obviously loves it. He rolls over and loves to eat his toes. His cheeks, oh his cheeks. Dreamy. He's my most cheeky baby, and he has rosy cheeks just like me. He's starting to giggle too in a raspy deep voice. It reminds me of Dukes voice at the same age. He loves his brothers and definitely
Knows who they are. Will is still the more dominant Matt mauler, and Duke is more indifferent. But his hair...he might be my only brunette! He has such pretty blue eyes and his dark long eyelashes just perfectly frame his eyes. I love holding him and I relish every second with him.


Matt-where smiling and being electrocuted look like the same thing.


Baby cankles. Nothing better.

No comments:
Post a Comment