Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Matt was crawling around this morning and after a few minutes was filthy. It was a sure sign that I needed to clean the floors. I spent the time Duke was at school doing Tracy Anderson workouts while watching Fallon, vacuuming and sweeping and mopping. Hopefully his clothes aren't as dirty tomorrow.

We picked up Sofia today from school and came home and had a snack and then headed back to the dinosaur park. It was warm today, was still really pretty outside and it felt good in the breeze. Kids loved it and then we got ice cream cones at McDonald's on the way home.

Tomorrow Will is going to be 6. I can't believe it. I know tomorrow I'll be thinking about him and everything he's done in his 6 years, but tonight I've been thinking about everything I've done as a mother in 6 years. And to be honest, I feel mixed about it. I'm probably having a Debbie downer day, but there's a part of me that feels I could have developed myself a little more. Been more organized. Been more involved in outside projects.

But I've also been thinking a ton about what I mentioned earlier that young motherhood is where you grow emotionally, not mentally (today has been a day of longing for some more mental stimulation). I've said this before, but motherhood is the most faith based action, ever. You do all these things, all day, every day, and you just keep going having faith that all these things add up to your kids one day being respectable adults.

And at the same time, I just love that Will so much. Man, what a great kid! And that fire that burns inside him, I know if there's something he wants, he will keep going until he gets it. He leaves everything on the field. Everyday. And his smile can melt anyone. I just couldn't be prouder of him. And that's got to be worth something! Maybe I can take away from this that we've grown so much together. Each holding the other's hand, literally and figuratively. when I think of Will, I think of growth. For me and him. What a great 6 years so far, Will!

No comments: