Monday, April 21, 2014

The kids have been absurdly whiny lately. ABSURDLY. And I don't do well under those circumstances. The other day I created a small business plan in my mind and I was surprised at how into it I got (a roadside cupcake stand) and I realized that I don't use my brain a whole lot...but then I realized that being a young mother is much more of an emotionally growing experience than an intellectual one. I say that to emphasize that all the whining has made me dig deep, really really deep, to not lose my cool all the time. Who cried to their mom for taking then to the "wrong" park?!?!? Patience isn't always my strong suit.

We mailed it in big time this year for Easter. We do Easter bunny stuff on Saturday and normally the boys would have had an egg hunt/Easter baskets...nope. I had some plastic eggs that I filled with goldfish (why have candy when I'll just end up eating it all and feeling crappy about myself?) but we didnt even hide them until the afternoon. I took the boys to see Frozen at the dollar theater and I called Cort and had him hide them before we got home. Then the boys collected the eggs in gallon ziplock bags. Classy. They didnt seem to care, and I sure didnt either. Take that Pinterest.

I did make a big meal on Sunday (which I really didnt want to) only because ham is such a great deal that I had to buy one so we could use it for like 50 different meals, and Sundays are the only days where I would have enough time to cool one...so I just did it on Easter. I made potato casserole, spinach strawberry salad, and orange rolls, and choc chip cookies. I added some coconut to them and Will said he doesn't like cookies with "stripes".

Today Duke didnt have school so we want to the gym, where I didn't even really work out...just looked like I was. Came home, sent Cortney off on a business trip, took a nap, and then got Will. He is always in a grumpy mood when he gets in the car after school and wants to immediately go home and veg out, but i knew if we did that, we'd never leave the house the rest of the day. I took them to Champion Park and they cried the whole way there, but after we got there they were bliss. It's a park with a massive sand pit that have huge dinosaurs bones to dig through. I'm always amazed at how calming sand is for kids. No wonder there are sand tables all over the place at the OT centers. The boys just sat and dug through the sand for over an hour. Then we got ice cream cones, and then Jennifer and the girls came over for a bit. It ended up being a pretty decent day.

And Matt's first tooth broke through! You can barely feel it but there's something there! And he's crawling, mostly. He's been inching closer and closer everyday, but I think he's figured it out enough now to where he can get to something if he really wants to. He is still the happiest baby ever. And duke told me I was his best friend tonight. Loves when he tells me that. Makes me feel so great about myself:)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: