

On Saturday, we drove to San Antonio to go to the temple, and then Sea World. It was the first Saturday it was open after being closed for cleaning and it was SO busy. Cort and I were both there for an hr and neither of us did more than 2 initiatories! It was a just-be-glad-you-made-it moment. Truth be told, I really really wanted to be in Austin for the weekend because there were so many fun things going on---air show at camp mabry, weiner dog races, and a Chinese festival with dragon boat races. When we looked at the calendar, this was the only Saturday we could go to the temple for a while, so that's what we did, but I wished we could have done all those fun things in Austin. My pioneer ancestors are rolling in their graves right now that I begrudgingly drove 1.5 hrs to the temple. Sorry, guys.
But to make things fun for the boys, we went to Sea World after the temple. We were there for about 5 hrs and I think that's the perfect amount of time to be there with our kids. All in all, it was so great to just have an entire day being a family. I can't remember the last time that happened. Duke ended up getting heat exhaustion that night and puked a few times but was good as new the next day.
Sunday was business as usual. We were able to spend the evening with the VanEngelenhovens and that was really fun. Also, that night was a missionary fireside that Johanna spoke at. She is so strong and talks like she has been a member for so long. Just proof that she had been prepared in so many ways to hear the Gospel.
Monday, I visited my friend Erica and Matt and Jack "played" for the first time. They are 3 mos apart and even though Er is only 15 min away, I'm amazed at how hard it is to get together sometimes. Babies' schedules! But it's always good to catch up! I picked up Will from school and took the kids to the gym. Not their favorite thing, but luckily they obliged.
Tuesday was Duke's preschool sing along. He was so excited when I got there and kept waving to me in the audience. He didnt sing a ton, and picked his nose a few times, but it was really cute. He's such a great little boy, and I'm so happy he has such a great community at preschool to be a part of. Yesterday morning, he wanted me to tie a string to a stick to make a fishing pole (we do this a lot) and then he said "lets go on abentures aka adventures". My heart swelled. Little boys going on abentures. It's what childhood is all about!
My Matty is just so precious. He can't stop smiling. He is so happy and smiles all day long. And his eyes! They are big, and blue, and beautiful. It's so hard for me to think that he's almost 7 mos old. The time is going by so fast and I'm just trying to soak up as much time holding him as I can. I spent a bunch of time yesterday sorting through the boys clothes and consolidating our storage. I had so many memories of Will and Duke in the 2t-3t clothes and to think that Matt will be the next one to wear them! He'll be 2 someday! Exciting and heartbreaking all at once. He was so worth it. Such a special spirit.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment