Saturday, October 31, 2009

Junk Food Junkie

I've been put on a strict diet since I got the Zofran pump. I'm supposed to only eat the most refined carbs as I can possibly muster. They are the easiest to digest and tend to have the most calories-both in my favor. Chips, cookies, pop tarts, sugar cereal, iced animal crackers, etc. I'm also not allowed to eat meat or dairy for at least 3 weeks. Also, no water. That's right, no water. Only sugary liquids. I've only drank Gatorade and Hawaiian Punch for the last 36 hours. Until I can for sure keep these items down, I can't move on to anything else. In the meantime, I'm sure my teeth are totally rotting, but as least I (hopefully) won't be puking.

As a side note, the only other time in my life that I've had Hawaiian Punch was in Jr. High. My Jr. High school didn't sell any carbonated beverages so if you bought lunch, you got a Hawaiian Punch (I don't remember if water was even an option) or you could pay extra and get a coveted Snapple. Maybe twice a month, my mom would give me lunch money when she was too tired to make me a lunch and I would eat a Taco Bell Bean Burrito with Hawaiian Punch and if I had money left over, I would get a Flinstones Push-Up or Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles. No freaking wonder kids are fat.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

there are some cute pics of will on our blog

inkylou said...

Oh my; certainly not a prescription you usually hear about; let me know if you want any of our Halloween candy. :) Hope you feel better soon.