Yesterday Will was trying my nerves, to say the least. Really the whole day was great, except for the hours from 4-7 pm. At this specific time, I was babysitting my neighbor who is going through a very "clingy" stage and wants to be held all the time. So as I was trying to hold her so she wouldn't scream, Will climbed up our bookshelf (luckily it is bolted to the wall, thanks Dad). Each time he did this, I told him (stern but nicely, I might add) to stop and when he didn't, I put him in time out. This proceeded to happen 4 more times in 15 minutes. Feeling a little annoyed, I was trying to keep my neighbor happy when I saw Will run out of the kitchen and throw something at the carpet. What was it, you might ask? Just his peanut butter and jelly sandwich from lunch. There were little clumps of grape jelly all over my carpet. I couldn't beleive it. I was so mad. And then he broke one of his toys! On top of everything else!
I was so relieved when Cortney came home, but when I started to tell him about what happened I couldn't even get through the story because I was laughing so hard. We both were. It was just so funny! We kept talking about whether the PB&J incident was premeditated, or if he was running through the kitchen and then passed his sandwich and thought, I could throw this right now. And the fact that my kid seems completely unfazed by punishment floors me. Every time I got him out of time out, he went straight back to the bookshelf. It was like he was saying, "thanks mom for letting me take a break for a while so I can gain more strength for climbing."
Funny kid. At least I can laugh about the hard days.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
TO funny! Eli has always been like that since he could walk.
Welcome to motherhood! =)
Welcome to motherhood with a boy! My Ryker is the same way. I don't think a day goes by that he isn't in time out, or doesn't make a mess to clean up. Love them though don't we!
Sounds very familiar. You are better than me. Eric always laughs at stuff like that too and I think after being with the kids all day by myself, I just lack the sense of humor. I wish I could laugh too.
Post a Comment