Saturday, October 10, 2009

Middle of the Night Sports Talk

Will woke up at 4:30 this morning. Usually this means all of his binkys fell out of the crib, but we knew that wasn't that case when we went in and found him with a binky in his mouth. After going through the normal troubleshooting of why my child awake in the middle of the night, we discovered he had peed through his diaper. Easy fix. I was SO tired when all of this happening, I barely remember it, but after Cortney changed his diaper, Will was sitting on his lap drinking some milk before we'd send him off to bed again and I was in a slightly comatose state on the couch hoping to return to my bed soon when I heard this:

Cort: So Will what do you think about the Florida LSU game tomorrow?

Will: fjdsk l;f nkllwne ktrnio vo ndsksn rteinvidos.

Cort: Oh really? Most people think they'll lose even though Tebow is out.

I love the bond that dads and sons have. Even though I was so tired, I couldn't help but smiling and wanted to write it down before I forgot it.

1 comment:

The Katzbox said...

I love Cort. Thanks for posting this.
I also think the chatter that goes on between dads and sons is priceless...especially when it happens at a time and place like you've just described. Here's to awesome dads like Cort.