
Kettle Corn. This bag, when popped, boasts almost 6 cups of yummy kettle corn for only 100 calories! Every time I eat it and I get to the kernels at the bottom, it seems almost too good to be true that I feel completely indulged and don't have cellulite to show for it. Will has also grown to love kettle corn and its kind of our afternoon ritual around 4 pm, when we're both hungry and waiting for Cortney to get home so we can eat dinner. It also kills time because it takes us so long to eat the bag, and as an added bonus I get to hold Will (while he's still) for a whole 1 minute and 40 seconds while he watches the popcorn pop in the microwave. Win-Win.

Graham Crackers and Milk. I grew up having this tasty combo as a bedtime snack, but now I have it pretty much after every meal. I love it. It just soothes my tummy, even if I'm feeling just fine. I just re-discovered my love for this combo a few weeks ago and my
taste buds are never going back! Will, of course, also loves graham crackers and I melt every time he holds one and takes little chipmunk bits and I hear him chomp on it and then he smiles with crumbs all over his mouth. What can I say, this kid and I connect with food.
2 comments:
What adorable little pictures this puts in my head as I visualize you and Will sitting together as your popcorn is prepared. Too cute Amykins.
Do you know the history behind the Graham cracker? There was a Dr. Graham who believed that mild food would soothe immoral thoughts which led to immoral and lascivious behavior; therefore he developed a cracker that was mild and easy for the body to digest. Ta dah!!! The Dr. Graham cracker, which came to just be called, "the graham cracker"....I hope your thoughts are now mild and wholesome just like your food.... :)
Love You!!!!
Oh my gosh...now I have to have a graham cracker with peanut butter on it...and NOT because my thoughts are bad...it's because I read your post and looked at that picture...
nice.
Post a Comment