Why do you blog? Why do I blog?
Well, when I started, we had just moved away and had a baby on the way, so it was a way for our friends and family to see our new life in Columbus while we were in school. But now, I think my focus has totally changed. I still want to document our family and the things we do, but I've also recognized how much I love to write. Back in another life, my job description included writing and it was really challenging, but the payoff was great because my writing improved so much. And I realized that I liked the challenge of writing and I wasn't that bad at it either.
This blog also counts as my journal because I'm not fooling anyone but myself to think I could keep up with both, so I'll keep my priorities realistic and just keep this one for now. And that in mind, I really want this to be a sort of memoir of my life, and my family's life.
I've come to a realization lately that there are just too many fake people in this world and if there is anything that I want my kids to know about me, it's that I am real. I have some really good days, and some really not good days, and I think it would be a shame to only document the good things. I'm expecting my children to have some very rough times ahead of them (as we all do) but at least they'll know that their mom did too, and they're not alone.
I tend to be pretty open in my writing, but it's because I don't feel like I have anything to hide. My life isn't perfect. My kids aren't perfect. My marriage isn't perfect. But isn't that the way its supposed to be? For some reason, real-ness has gotten lost in the quest for perfection, for lack of a better phrase.
So here's to more blogging. I'm just being real here.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Go ahead. get real...I dare ya...
:)
Love ya Amykins.
Post a Comment