Friday, August 15, 2008

My Body, For Life

This is me-before. Cort and I decided to start Body for Life this week and this is my official before picture. Last week, I crossed the abyss into the 130s. I don't think I'vev weighed under 140 lbs (minus pregnancy), since I was in 6th grade. It seemed like I would forever be a 140 kind of girl, but nope! The scale surprised me and I've maintained my new 138 lb. weight for a whole week. That was just the boost I needed to keep going and have a specific fitness regimen. I don't really care about losing weight, I'm doing this to be stronger and feel better. And honestly, I already do. In the Body for Life book, it says to write down your goals and read them often. So today, I will share them with you.

1) Look at myself in the mirror and think "Yeah! I look good!"
2) Be able to not have my legs rub together when I walk and finally have toned thighs.
3) After goal #2 is met, I will be rewarding myself with this running shorts pictured below. Of all the miles I've run in my life, I have actually never worn running shorts, because of chaffing from lack of goal #2. So now I will have toned legs and sport real running clothes- the mark of a true runner.

In addition to this new commitment, I will also be training for some races coming up to make up for the poor performance at the 5k of recent posts. They are as follows:

Dead Celebrity (5k), Halloween

Columbus Turkey Trot (5 Miler), Thanksgiving Day

Wish me luck!


4 comments:

Tamber said...

You are one brave person...I would never dare put a picture of myself in a swim suit on the internet. Good Luck on the diet...I love it...I wish that we could stay on it for 90 days staright instead of one week here and one week there.

Erica said...

congrats lady! one, on your goals and two, posting a swimsuit pic online! you've got gots girl.

Nanette said...

Way to go! I loved body for life when I did it! But then I got pregnant one month in. I need to do it again. You'll love it!!!

Marie Stott said...

Amy I am so with you. Let's do some runs while you are town. And in Hawaii BABY!!!!!