Monday, August 11, 2008

The other love of my life.

Graeter's Ice Cream is quite possibly one of the most delicious things on the face of the earth. I have recently become an ice cream lover. Now, being that I'm mormon, I already had an affinity for ice cream, but I never wanted to eat it just by itself. It needed the companionship of a brownie, cookie, or fudge. No more my friends. I have walked into the light. I realized probably one of the reasons I didn't like eating ice cream plain was because I never had good ice cream. My parents are notorious cheap skates (and I can't say that I blame them either) and since they had 4 kids, the only ice cream that we ever really had was the gallon tub of $3.99 ice cream that gave us the fix of ice cream without it really being very good. But since that's all we ever had, we didn't know the difference anyway. However, since my recent love affair with Graeters started, I have discovered that ice cream should be (like the name) creamy, and chocolate chips shouldn't leave a wax coating in your mouth either.

Enter: Graeters. An Ohio original. To this day it is hand-made and in small batches of just 2 gallons at a time. I mean this next statement with all genuineness and from the bottom of my heart- it would totally suck to be someone who has never had Greaters, or worse yet has had it but is now not living in an area where Graeters can be purchased.

Probably the most ironic part about this whole affection is that my first real job was working at Cold Stone. One day I came across the nutritional facts and I never ate it ever again. It just shocked me that so much fat could be jammed into such a small space. I am quite positive that Graeters if far worse for me than Cold Stone, but somehow I can totally justify it every time.

My current favorite flavor is: Coconut Chip.

All those fellow Graeters lovers, please list your favorite flavor. Mmmm, my mouth is already watering.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

ooo! ooo! ooo! i'm a mint chocolate chip girl. And Graeter's has the best!

Tamber said...

Sounds Yummy...I might just have to come out to Ohio to see you guys (of coarse that reason first), but also for the Graeter's...Sounds yummy

Jason Wright said...

I became addicted to the Black Raspberry Chip Graters ice cream while in Cincinnati on my mission. I keep seeing it pop up everywhere and want some. Too bad it's so expensive to ship to Utah.

Marc and Kim Wheeler said...

Hi Amy! It's been a long time...I was looking at random blogs, and actually found you off of one of my friends friends, crazy huh. How are you guys doing? Congrats on the baby. I hope you guys are well. You can check out our blog and find tons of pictures of Alivia who will be 1 next month!

Dan and Shauna said...

That's right, Amy... you know how to live- BRC is the slam!

Unknown said...

Ahh, I truly understand your love for ice cream. Your passion for Graeters is like the love I have for Maggie Moos, which is probably the BEST ice cream in Salt Lake. When we come and visit that ice cream is a must. Oh, and I love the new pics of the family!

Emmy said...

Coconut Chip! To this day, my dad calls me when he's there, just to rub it in.