Friday, August 15, 2008

Rise and Shout!


The Cougars are out!!! Anyone else dying for football to start? I am officially stoked for the season. Just got my "Quest" t-shirt in the mail and everything. The other day I was singing in the shower and then realized I was singing and then took a minute to figure out what I was singing (does that ever happen to anyone else?). Anyway, I was totally singing the cougar fight song, out of the blue! Here are the lyrics, in case anyone out there forgot them over the long off-season. Editions made by the Cortney McAllister Family.


Rise, all loyal Cougars

And hurl your challenge to the foe.

We will fight, day or night,

Rain or snow.

Loyal, strong and true,

Wear the White and Blue.

As we sing, get set to spring.

Come on Cougars, it's up to you!

So Rise and Shout, the Cougars are out

We're on a trail to fame and glory.

Rise and shout, our cheers will ring out

As we unfold our vict'ry story.

On we go to vanquish the foe

For Alma Mater's sons and daughters.

As we join in song,

In praise of you, WE HATE THE U!

We'll raise our colors high in the blue
And cheer our Cougars of BYU.


I want to see those fists pumping!!!

4 comments:

The Lowe Family said...

Yeah for BYU football! Hey guys, I hope you don't mind me blog stalking you, but I found you on Dirk's blog. How are you liking Ohio? We need to plan a trip over there sometime this year. Your little one sure is cute. How old is he now? Jonah just turned one! Crazy!!
Did Cortney (sp? sorry) have an internship this summer? We've been in Mississippi and Minnesota and we head back to Indiana in one week. I sure miss my own house.
It would be great to hear from you!
Kristin Lowe (aka Kristin Black:)

Jake Bryant said...

14 days, 3 hours, and 3 minutes.
I bought my plane ticket. Now I just need to find some to the game.

Lauren said...

This post really makes Andrew and I so proud. All I keep thinking is "13 days more until the BYU game...oh yeah, and 15 more days until the baby's born" (but what is that compared to the opening game??!!)

Unknown said...

Okay so I know that you three are pretty much having the time of your lives in Ohio but just know that football season won't be the same without you!!!