Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Eric!

One of the things I want to do better this year is remember my family member's birthdays. With that in mind, each of our family members can expect a special blog post all about them! Since I know most of them read our blog any way, I want them to know how much we love and think about them even when we live far away.

So, back to Eric. Eric is the guy on the right and he is Cortney's younger brother. I have heard so many stories about Eric, and I've also had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with him while I lived in Utah. I can imagine that Eric was an excellent missionary because he can talk to anyone and make you feel like you've known him for years. And I know he was a good missionary because I know he enjoyed the time and energy he spent on his mission.

When I first started dating Cortney, and I learned more about his family, I was really nervous about not measuring up. He and Eric are very close and I knew if I didn't pass the test with Eric, I didn't have a chance with Cort. But I not only wanted to pass the test, I wanted to ace it! Cortney and Eric were so used to doing everything together, I never wanted Eric to feel like I was taking his brother away from him. So needless to say, it was very important to me that I had a good relationship with Eric and in lamens terms, that he "liked me". I'm not sure if there was a specific moment where I knew I was "in" or if it was a gradual feeling over time, but somehow I realized that I had aced my test and Eric and I were buds. And I know we don't talk that much, but whenever we talk or see each other, I feel like everything is exactly the same. Still buds. And I like that.

Happy Birthday Eric!

No comments: