Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Savings Accounts

I used to think that savings accounts were things where you saved and saved and saved and someday you had a lot of money to show for yourself. Now, I understand that savings accounts are really just stashes of money on hold for when crap hits the fan. Like paying $400 to get my brakes fixed and having to suddenly buy 2 new car seats because aparently they expire. In addition to our scheduled 6 month installment of car insurance ($444) and our first student loan payment of $500 being due, we'll be starting our savings account from $0 next month.

3 comments:

inkylou said...

Sounds a lot like why we decided to forget savings accounts for awhile; couldn't keep anything in them for more than 6 months! (or 3 months...)

Tamber said...

I have a hard time believing that many young couples who have been married for less than 5 years has much of a savings account.

Alicia said...

I just caught up on your blog and I hope it doesn't weird you out to say that I wish we were neighbors or something... Cort told me once (when you were dating) how much I'd love you, and I admit that I kind of wish you and could get together and come up with witter banter about all the annoying people in our lives. (I'm a big jerk sometimes haha). Anyway, I hope your pregnancy is going a little better and I envy your financial discipline.