Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Warning: Annoyed When Pregnant

I didn't feel like I was very "hormonal" with Will, but holy smokes, I am with this one! But at least I can admit to it, right? Here are 2 experiences in the last week as evidence.

#1 Christmas Eve. We were invited over to a friend's house for Christmas Eve dinner. This friend's brother-in-law was also there and we started talking about sports. He was from Salt Lake and starting talking about the Jazz. I asked him how he felt about Derek Fisher, which I'll admit was probably not a good idea on my part, and he just went off on how much he hated Derek Fisher. I clearly stated that I was a big Derek Fisher fan (code for: watch it buddy) and that I like him because he is a good guy. He cares about his family, he's a good team mate in the locker room, and he reads the bible before every game. There were a few instances when the conversation died down and I thought that hopefully the subject was over since I didn't know how much more Fisher bashing I could take, but then he said "I guess its ok to like Fisher if you support someone who uses the Bible to lie about their family". Whoa. Not only is this idea crazy, but does this guy have any social filter at all? I decided I had played nice long enough and said, "yeah, he's really good at winning playoff games for you too" and left the room smiling.

#2 Church. After Relief Society a friend asked me how I was feeling, how the pump was, etc. and I responded with the usual, getting better, not 100%, still sick some days, etc. Another woman next to her, whom I don't know very well, asked me why I was sick and I replied with that I was pregnant and had severe morning sickness. I usually don't go into detail on my severity of my condition because 1) its annoying to talk about it over and over and 2) seeing that I'm connected to a tube, shouldn't that be a sign that I'm not doing ok? Any way, this woman proceeded to tell me that morning sickness was due to a lack of vitamin B in the body (it's completely not) and that if I asked my doctor for a B complex shot, I would feel better for up to a month. This is the part where it took every ounce of everything in me to not break this lady's neck. I'm positive my face was bright red and all I wanted to do was shake her and scream, "Look, lady! I'm shooting up in my thigh all day long and have the welts to prove it and shove medicine up my butt! Do you think I would be doing either of those things if taking more B vitamins would take away my constant mind numbing nausea?!?!?!"

3 comments:

Marc and Kim Wheeler said...

Congrats on being pregnant. I'm sorry you have not been feeling great. I would be so annoyed by that lady that said that to you also......seriously who would say that? I hope your morning sickness gets better.

TheSchmierneys said...

I love how FIESTY you are when your knocked up! It makes me laugh! I think the difference when we get pregnant is that our Mouth filter doesnt work properly, you still think it when your not pregnant you just usually filter what you say.... but I LOVE it! AND this is going to help prove my Theory that when we are prego with girls you are MUCH Witchy-er! We'll find out the 21st?!?!?

Tamber said...

I hate pregnancy hormones. Hope you start feeling better.