1 boy + 1 boy = brothers
It's official, we're dominated by men in the McAllister family. When we first found out we were pregnant, we wanted a boy simply because we had had so much fun with Will. And then we started thinking about the other option and the chance that maybe a mellow girl would help Will calm down. But then I got to thinking about how much work girls are. I should re-phrase that statement, because it sounds harsher than it is. I feel like there is a certain standard that has been set for little girls and it always seems to include bows. And that's just not me. I'm lucky if Will is wearing pants for most of the day (and our friends and family know I'm not exaggerating with that one). So I was a little hesitant about that, but figured if this was my last pregnancy I would feel that all my needs were met if I had at least one boy and one girl. But then, recently Will has become enamored with little girls and always wants to hug and kiss them, even when we don't prompt him, and he'd even blush when he'd hug them! I was secretly afraid that if we had a girl, my little chick-magnet would grow up wanting to kiss his sister all the time and that just didn't seem right.
Then, on Tuesday, I took Will's BFF Luke with us on a play date with Will's other BFF Calder (Caulcker as Will says) and I was relishing in the car about how fun it was to have 2 boys in the back. They were talking to each other, passing toys back and forth, it was just fun. And I came home and told Cortney that I officially wanted a boy again. Last night we played with Will for an hour before bedtime and he was just being so fun. You know how when you're kids are on their A-game, you just think, "Gosh, this is why I love being a mom. It's so fun!" Well, that was last night and I got all warm and mushy and told Cortney I really wanted a boy, but tried to act like I'd be equally excited no matter what the verdict was. But I couldn't help but think of Cortney taking two little toe-head boys to an OSU baseball game in the Spring, or having 2 boys in swimming lessons. It just seemed so "us".
So today when Dr. Wurst (I know, you can laugh) said we'd have 2 monkeys jumping on the bed, both Cortney and I squealed with delight. Our boys!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Isn't it great to have those experiences right before the good news. It can't be by chance. Can't wait to meet little Duke. :)
Congratulations! That's awesome. Boys need brothers! I'm with you on the girly "bow thing" - I can't do it. If I ever have a girl she'll probably be a little ragamuffin. I feel ya! Congrats again on the second little man! I hope you're feeling better!
We're big fans of boys, too. Congratulations!
Post a Comment