There comes a time and a place where you need to just say, "ok, this is good enough" and I'm finding more and more instances in my life where I need to do just that. And as I'm writing this down, I'm realizing that I'm writing this specific thing down for my kids to read at a much later date. The Lord expects us to do our best at everything, but luckily he only expects our best at everything. And our best is much different from anyone else's best, and our personal best is much different at different times of our lives. Case and point: Scripture Study.
I really just don't have any chunks of time longer than 5 minutes to devote to reading anything. So I've had to adapt my studying to fit my needs. I started reading Stand a Little Taller by Gordon B. Hinckley. It's a small book that has a scripture and a quote for every day of the year. I read the days' quote and scripture when I first wake up, then read it again when I put the boys down for naps, and then I read it aloud to Cortney before we go to bed and we discuss it and use that as our companionship scripture study. It only takes me a minute to read these passages, but I find that I spend all day thinking about them and I can remember them so well because I read each one three times a day.
In the future, I'll be able to return to a more normal scripture study, but for now, this is the best I can do. And I'm perfectly ok with that. I'm sure there are plenty of other new moms out there who still find time to read chapters at a time, but I'm not one of them, and if I am, I'm not there yet.
So to my kids who are reading this: Just do your best. Your best is different from everyone else's best. But it's your best. And that's all the Lord asks.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this! Great idea. ..I think I may borrow it!!
Post a Comment