Yesterday Duke had his 1 month check up and right after that I had my post-partum check up. Duke was 10.5 lbs. and in the 75th percentile for weight and height. However, after my appt. it was discovered that I had a breast yeast infection and Duke and I will both be on antibiotics for 21 days and I'm not high alert for mastitis. Yuck. I also have to throw away all of Duke's binkys, as well as boil all of my pumping equipment daily.
Needless to say, I was a little disappointed, but the dark cloud of the infection was incredibly small next to the overpowering light and excitement from weighing in at the Dr. office at barely 140! I know I should feel bad that I have an infection and I've passed it on to my infant son, but really I am just so thrilled to see that number, I almost don't even care! I'm destined for Mother of the Year award (insert sarcasm here). I got pregnant at 142, so I weigh less than before I started all this and I'm just 5 lbs. away from the goal weight of 135, which I don't think I have ever seen on the scale before minus when I was sick and pregnant. And, I bought a pair of size 4 capris (I think the sizing was off because some of my other clothes are still tight) and they fit great! Talk about a confidence booster!
I decided last week that I will be running the Columbus Half Marathon in May. I know that it a long way away, but it might just take me that long to train for it! I've enlisted a few other just-had-babies moms to do it with me and we are keeping each other in check. I gave up sweets last week and I allow myself to have 1 free day a week. My sugar intake was getting out of control (cookies and brownies...get into my mouth right now!). I've been walking each morning for the last 2 weeks and today I did my first run, well, if you can call it that. I think I was running at the same speed as I usually walk, just more bouncy. But I kept running and I didn't even stop to walk and was able to go for 25 minutes (that was without pushing a stroller, there's no way I could go more than 5 minutes pushing the boys). It felt great. Its been a long time since I have been a runner. Actually, I haven't been a consistent runner since Cortney and I were dating and we ran 4 miles a day together. Which I think we're going to start getting into the habit of again. We ordered a double jogger and I think we're going to try to go for runs together as a family in the evenings. I am so excited to get in shape again. And as I was thinking about this today, I think the reason I feel so great now is that I finally feel like I have control of my body, whereas for the last 9 months it pretty much did whatever it wanted. I'm really just so excited right now.
Anywho... so I probably should have had a bad day yesterday, but it was one of the best I can remember. Its amazing what a measly 2 lbs can do for your day, huh?
Friday, July 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No fun...I had a breast yeast infection too - OUCH! But awesome loss of weight, I'm impressed! Your two little men are just adorable.
Post a Comment