Monday, July 12, 2010

This Morning

Do you ever have days, or situations, that you know God created just with you in mind? This morning was one of those days. I planned last night to wake up for good when Duke got up around 5:30 and go running before Will and Cort woke up. Despite the fact that I was completely exhausted from a week with my parents in town, I threw on my shoes, hit the pavement and plugged in my ipod.

And then it started to rain. Hard. Then came the thunder I could hear through the music, and then the lightening flashes. In less than 2 minutes, I was soaked completely, and my shoes were spitting out water with every strike of the pavement.

It was exactly what I needed this morning. Exactly. I needed a good, big, heavy storm. And I needed to be out in it, fighting through a run at 5:30 in the morning.

Heavenly Father, thank you for knowing exactly who I am and giving me exactly what I needed this morning.

1 comment:

TheSchmierneys said...

I use to LOVE to run in the rain! Just something primal about it... helps to wash it all away!