I made the goal of reading more at the beginning of the year, and I'm happy to report I did excellent on that goal. I think I read more in the last 6 months, than in the entire previous year. One of the books I read was Game Change about the last presidential election, following the Clinton-Obama rivalry, as well as the McCain-Palin train wreck. It was very interesting, to say the least. I was like reading a political gossip book. That sounds really weird, but that's the best way I can describe it. I followed it by reading The Politician about John Edwards affair with Rielle Hunter, written by his top aid (he was the one who released a statement saying he was the father of the baby). And talk about a juicy book! I kept reading and thinking, "This isn't even a novel! This is real stuff!!"
I have never had a lot of respect for politicians, but needless to say after reading these books, whatever hope I had in the political leaders of our time is completely gone. And I think I knew that all along, but I was just still trying to hold onto the slim hope that some of them weren't dirty. And now I realize that I just don't think you can be a high ranking politician and not be dirty. It's just not possible. Or you would never get elected.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm with you 100%. I'm so jaded about politics. Don't let me read that book or I might give up voting all together. It just seems like a decision on who I want to put on the path to becoming a sleeze ball.
Post a Comment