
I was able to sneak away for a lunch date with this handsome duo. We try to have lunch together at least twice a month while the boys are in school. I suggested (demanded) Rudy's. I'm not sure what it is, but I've never craved brisket so much in my life than while I was pregnant with Matt, and now nursing too. I love Rudy's! Cort asked how much brisket he thought I could eat comfortably in one sitting and I said I was sure I could do half a pound without too much trouble. I love this pic because Matt looks so serious. He is staring me down, waiting for his serving if Rudy's flavored milk.

Both looking at the camera. So handsome. Whenever we're out with just Matt, it's funny to me how many people ask/mention this must be our first child. Little do they know we're such veterans at all things little-boy.

Boys decide they needed to "fix" Duke's bike again. It does need to be fixed, actually, but we're just going to put it out to pasture instead. We got this bike for $5 on Craigslist and its ready for bike heaven.

I never did a full shopping trip last week because I was sick, so I just grabbed a few things to get us through the next few days...well fast forward to this morning. We were empty, empty, empty. I didn't even have flour.

A trip to HEB and Costco and $230 later, we are bak in action with an overflowing of food-always a good feeling. I have such a sense of pride after the grocery store. The mother in me thinks about all the delicious and healthy food I'll make for my family with the food I just bought, and then the reality sets in that they probably won't eat it anyway.
Duke tells me almost everyday lately that I'm his best friend. It never gets old. Before Will heads out for school, I tell him to be a good missionary and to find someone to help. My favorite thing is when he gets in the car after school each day and he says, "Mom! I was a missionary! I helped Benjamin/whoever when he got hurt." Some things don't sink in with these kids, but I'm so thankful that they seem to be getting the truly important things just fine.
1 comment:
I am loving your daily posting.
Post a Comment