Thursday, January 16, 2014

1/16/14

I started posting regularly again because I felt like I was missing documenting the cute things the boys say each day. I write in my journal about 1-2x a month, but I wanted a more day to day record. To be perfectly honest, I don't remember my mom doing things with me all the time as a kid, but I'm sure that is mostly because I just honestly don't remember, even though I'm sure we did lots of things together. I thought if I kept a journal (blog) of just the basics (what we did that day and funny stuff that happened), later down the road, I/we could see that through all my failings as a mother, no one could doubt that I was trying. I write this each night when I crawl in bed. It usually takes about 10 min. Not a big sacrifice IMO and in positive ill be so thankful I did this later.
No pictures for today. The day started early at 5 am and it's now 8:35 and I can barely keep my eyes open. Duke didn't feel like doing much today so I basically let him lay around, play, drink milk and watch tv all day. Kids need a day off, too, but really i was happy to be a lazy mom today. He did call me a pretty princess at one point today, so that was lovely.
After Will came home from school, we picked up their friend Jackson to come play at our house. They played football, basketball, played with the iPad, threw rocks in the creek, and watched Paw Patrol. Action packed. Will even got hit in the head with a rock (via duke) and drew blood, but not too bad. However remembering the sound that made will make anyone cringe. Good thing we have thick heads.
Matt ate all day today. All day. I make plenty of milk, but I'm starting to think it may as well be water because he seems to always want to eat. He nursed for a full hour before bed tonight. Kill me (thats my back talking). I feel like I eat all the time, but I'm still hungry. It's becoming a problem.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: