Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was easily one of the best days I have had in a long time. And my days are really good, today was just amazing. A few weeks ago I told Cortney that I just wanted to check into a hotel for a night to sleep on my own terms- no babies, no studying, just dark blissful sleep. So last night he covered up all the windows with thick blankets so it would be nice and dark and promised to get up with Will so I could sleep as long as I wanted and man, I did. I slept in late and that was great. Meanwhile, Cort got up with Will, fed him, bathed him, and dressed him. Cortney made me pancakes and after that Will took a 3 hour nap (which was the best Mother's Day present he could have ever given me).

We went to church and left after Sacrament meeting (I'll be honest, that was a good part of the day too. Nice not to chase Will around for 2 more hours). But before you judge me, I'll tell you that my brother, Jacob, and sis-in-law, Emily, were in town for the weekend and we got to spend 4 hours together, with NO KIDS! I love kids, but its so hard to have close relationships with your siblings after you all have kids. We just talked and talked and laughed and laughed. I honestly can't remember having such great conversation with Jacob in recent memory. I loved loved loved having them here even if it was only a few hours, it was so fun. And I love that Emily's family is in Worthington because I feel like I'll get to see them often in the future.

After Jacob and Emily left, Cort grilled some steak and asparagus. It was delicious! Topped off with the chocolate truffles we got at church before we scooted out the door:) And after I finish this, we're watching the finale of The Amazing Race, which is a great end to any day, but especially this one.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Amy, our visit with you three was one of the highlights of our trip! Thanks so much for having us over and entertaining us. . .I think Jacob came the closest he's ever come to moving to Ohio when we drove through Upper Arlington. I mean it. . .if we could sell our house for what we paid for it. . . I would almost bet he'd jump over the Mississippi!
LOVE!
xoxo