1. I want a van. I do. I used to despise them, but now a few of my friends have them and despite my best efforts I have become jealous of their mom-mobiles. I used to not like them because they seemed like they only had one purpose- to shuttle kids. But now, my friend, vans have changed. No more "popping" the back side windows for air! All the windows roll down! I knew I was a true convert to vans when we were in Oregon with Lance and Katie's loaded Odyssey. Leather, DVD, window shades, heated seats, amazing. It felt like we were in a luxury vehicle. Not a mom-mobile! And I decided then I wanted a van, but not just any van. If we're going to cross the mom threshold, we're going to do it all the way and we're saving up for the fully loaded DVD wheels we fell in love with in the first place. We even have a name for our van- "the magic bus" after The Who song. I'll probably have a van before I'm 26. Sad isn't it?
2. Apparently word has gotten out that I'm skilled in the art of coupons and my Relief Society asked me to send out weekly emails to the ward with grocery deals and money saving tips. Worst part of this situation is I'm the youngest person in RS, and the median age that I send this email to is 45. Since when do 23 year-olds ever give useful advice to middle aged women?
3. Worst of all, I just willingly bought a pair of mid-rise jeans. I might as well turned 35 on the spot while I handed over my debit card to pay for them. In all honesty, I think I do have somewhat of a good explanation for this. I was tired of having 3 waists- pants, belly, and garments. So I bit the bullet and tried on these cunning mid-rise beauties and was thrilled that it covered 2 of those waists! The waist is still below my belly button, which I guess only ages me to about 33, but still... and I only paid $8 for them, so I went against everything I believed in and snagged a 2nd pair.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are hilarious! I love it.
I need some tips for those coupons as well... I'm dyin' here.
As for the jeans, I never understood the reason for them before I had the post baby belly, now they totally make sense! But we shouldn't feel bad about them--they are totally chic if they are cut the right way. :)
Yeah, I kind of felt that way when I turned 23 in Japan....wearing long suit skirts in earthy tones. Then my Mom sent me a pin to wear on my blouse. AHHHH!!!!
At least you aren't like those other 23 year olds who bend over and you can see their thong.
Once you go Land Rover you will never go back. Its the way to be! Choose the Right!
So in Amy years, I'm like...45? I did the van thing at 24 although I'm struggling with my 3 waists still. I know I need to give it up but I'm fighting it. Had to give the RS Coupon Night at Enrichment last week, too. What can I say? I embrace my fogey-ness.
I really do know how you feel. I had my first baby when I was 22, I had 3 kids by the time I was 26. I get excited about gardening,making jam on saturday nights and now couponing. Sometimes I feel so old, but then I just think how blessed I am for finding my husband so young and now have 3 great boys. I would much rather be at the place I am now in my life at 27, rather then a lot of my friends who are single, working and partying all the time.
I Just love you and am so happy you are a "older" 23 year old =)
You are the best.
p.s. I just about cried the day I got my van. =)
Post a Comment