2/12
Today was busy but really fun. Cort is away, so I dropped off Will at school then came home and got showered with Duke and Matt. I make a quick batch of black bean soup to take to Beth for her birthday, then dropped off Duke at school, then headed to drop off the soup at Beth's. we chatted for a while and I made the mental note to make more time to talk to friends. Then I took Matty to the dr for his 4 mos check up. He's 16 lbs 4 oz and 70% in weight. He got 4 shots and spent a lot of time sleeping the rest of the day. He's such a happy baby. Smiling is a total body experience for him. He's giggled a few times the last few days and its just so so great. I think I've enjoyed the baby stage with him more than any of the others, probably because I know he's the last. But I just love holding him, and his cheeks...I nibble on them every so often.
Then it was time to go to Duke's preschool Valentine's day party. They had ice cream and all the toppings. It's so cute to see a group of toddlers all sitting at a table together, but its magic because that would never happen in any other place. There was a quote board for the week and since it was Valentines day, the quotes were about love. Duke said "I love Madison. She's my friend." He was the only one that said anything about friends, not about parents. All the other kids have reasons why they lived their parents. I thought that was so telling of Duke, and his love of people.
Went home and Duke dived into his valentine candy, then we picked up Will. Headed to the gym for a bit, then played at the park right next to the YMCA. Will has been staying on green at school (behavior chart) and I'm so so proud of him! He's been sitting on a sensory bumpy seat and it seems to really be helping him sit still at school, which is wonderful. He told me today something about Benjamin making someone mad at lunch, and whoever got mad poured their Sunny D on another kid's lunch tray. It made me laugh that he knew what Sunny D was, and that some kid poured his out in defiance.
We ate and got ready for bed and we were making up bedtime stories. Will told about little boys named Will and Duke playing at the park, when a dragon came and "smushed" the park, then the police came and shot the dragon and then there was an ambulance. Typical boy story. Duke always starts his stories with " once upon a time" and its so cute. Lately whenever Matt is crying, he starts singing I am a Child of God to him and it makes my heart melt every time.
And now they are asleep and its time for me to finish Dad is Fat so I can return it back to the library on time on Friday.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just caught up on your blog and it made we wish we lived closer so I could alleviate some burdens for you! That said, you have a gift with words and I am sure your children will love to look back and read about all the wonderful activities you did together. Love you! xoxo
Post a Comment