Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Last night, Will went to bed 1.5 hrs late because we were having a missionary discussion with Joanna. Consequently, Will was quite short with everyone today. We always pay for it when bedtime is screwed up.

This is probably best exhibited by when, for fun, I asked the boys in the car "What do Mommies do?" and Will responded "They get mad. And then happy." I probably would have been hurt or felt harsh towards myself because of his response on another day, but today I chuckled and shrugged it off. He'll learn soon enough: being a mommy is very very hard. And most of the time you don't get it right. He could also help me out by not trying to annoy his brother every waking moment, but that's probably a tall order.

At the same time in the car, I asked Duke was he wanted to be when he grew up. He said "bigger". Love that kid. I remember Will saying the same thing around that age.

Matt has the worst smelling poop of any of my boys. I used to think breastfed babies' poop was mild smelling. Not for Matt. It's ridiculous. I can smell it in the next room. And he doesn't poop, he explodes. Good thing he's the last kid and we can just throw away all his clothes when he grows out of them because ever single outfit has sizeable burnt orange stains.




Sometimes I'm just so happy they're quiet and getting along. Tearing them away to do homework, and therefore fighting to recommence, just doesn't seem worth it.


Look how good Duke is getting at writing his name!

No comments: