2/3
Got Will to school. Took Duke to the gym. Duke revolts. We go grocery shopping instead. Drop off Duke at school. Go home, unload groceries, feed M, watch Downton. Go back to gym. Run on treadmill, until St. Kathryn calls,
(There is a small group of people you'll meet throughout your life who are so innately wonderful and generous and lovely and pure that always remind you, you still have a long long way to go. She'll always be that person for me. She's always the person you want to call on a bad day. She calmed me down and told me exactly what I needed to hear, while still giving concrete advice. After our convo when I got home, there was a package on the doorstep from her with a lovely gift for the baby. I opened it and wept. I miss her so much. I always felt like everything would always be ok as long as she was around and I miss that security blanket on a weekly basis. I will treasure our friendship forever and thank goodness for phones.)
Shower. Get snacks ready while I make green smoothie to eat on the road for lunch. Pick up Duke. Go back to grocery store to get 4 things I forgot to get earlier. Pick up Will. Go to speech therapy. Come home and eat popcorn and watch America's Funniest Home Videos (best show for kids IMO). Made birthday cards for Henry Koelliker. Kids sprint around the house and have pillow fights as I make dinner. Dad gets home. Kids climb all over dad. Go upstairs and get ready for bed. Have FHE. Put boys to bed. Adults have dinner and feed M. Catch up on Jimmy Fallon. Go back upstairs and climb in bed. Pass out in seconds with the lights still on.
*Duke told me I was "a good boy".
*best FHE in a while. We watched bible videos on the Mormon YouTube channel (we do this a lot of the time, but oddly, they were extra enthralled this time. Feels great to have a calm FHE, even if it was a complete anomaly.
*i could look at M's eyes all day. He is so lovely.
*i think my dream house would include a track/indoor sports court/sensory room. One of those things seems to be a necessity for a family of little boys.
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment