Monday, February 3, 2014

2/1

Today was jam packed. A Saturday and I wasn't even able to do ANYTHING at home. Not even a load of dishes. We woke up and went to the grocery store and ended up scoring a lot of really cheap meat (score!), then went to an eagle project, and were there long enough for Duke to pee in the bushes twice and ask if he can poop in the bushes as well. He was able to hold off on #2 until we got home. The eagle project was at a pond planting trees as the boys had a great time helping and throwing rocks in the water with their other friends from church.

Then we came home and ate, then went to the church for a baptism and YM basketball. That was followed by cleaning the church, then we went to Circle K for polar pops, followed by Cort going back to finish cleaning the church and then staying for an EQ activity. I went home with the boys and put them to bed and tried to work through the monstrous to-do list I had planned for the day. It was such a full day. We made the most of it and spent a lot of time as a family, but I don't like being THAT busy. I feel like I'm too focused on getting from point A to point B and all the other places that were supposed to be than having one on one time with the boys.




Duke fell asleep on the way home after a marathon day.

2/2




How we found the boys when we woke up. Not sure how long they had been awake or where they got the balloons, but I was proud of them for entertaining themselves.

We decided to forego two Super Bowl parties today for a night at home in our Jammie's with nowhere to be. Good decision. I made carnitas and fresh guac and it was delicious. Sometimes you just need to stay at home and watch a game in the dark with your one true love.

Matty Ice is 4 mos old today. How did that happen? This baby, he is so wonderful. He is just happy and smiley all the time. His eyes are so bright, cheeks so full, and will just be a content little chunk and long as someone's holding him.


I left Matt with the boys for a minute while I finished putting food in the crock pot. Came back and found him in a box. He has so many more years of being tortured by his brothers ahead of him. Poor Matty. I remember being the youngest and being victim many times. Sometimes being the youngest sucks.

No comments: