Thursday, February 13, 2014

2/13

I spent the night throwing up.
No fun. This morning, I text some ladies from church and asked if they could help me since Cort was out of town. Before 7 am, Duke and Matt had been farmed out for the day while Will was in school. Mormons are weird, but man are they nice. I think this ward (congregation) might be my favorite. Pretty much everyone is in the same situation as we are, out here with no family nearby to help. Really makes it feel like a family because we all help each other out like this. Lots of families trade kids while they go on vacations, etc and its just awesome. It's such a relief to have so many people to call on if I need help, and know that I'll be able to serve them likewise in their time of need. A good band of mommas.

I laid in bed the whole day. I slept 3 hrs and watched 1.5 episodes of Nashville (trying to catch up, although I think the show has lost a lot of zeal). I took a shower, ate some crackers, and drank a coke and started to feel human again. Picked up Will, then went to pick up Duke and Matt at Kirsten's. then I sat on a bench at the park while the kids played for an hour to get the last of the wiggles out before we went home to get ready for bed. There was another mom from church there and it was great getting to know her a little better. Today was such a warm sunny day outside. It felt great to be outside even though I was so weak. Hit McDonalds drive thru on the way home.

Boys played with the iPad for 40 min then it was time for bed. We've been taking turns telling each other stories at bedtime. I love it. The boys are so creative in their stories, and I think it helps Will's processing. I will often start telling a story, then he will cut me off and take over the story. It's so cute. He told a story tonight that was rather lengthy and it was a mash up of Little Red Ridinghood, goldilocks and the three bears, and real life events. He was so so good today. Such a sweetheart. He pushed these kids at the park in their wagon for a long time and the mom came over to thank him for entertaining her children. I was so proud. Tonight as he was drifting off to sleep, I was asking him questions about his family and church. I asked him what his favorite thing about me was and he said "mommy listens." I don't think this is really that accurate, but I was thankful for that kind of compliment. I hope he feels like I listen to him. I asked him more questions like "tell me about Joseph Smith" and his responses here very elaborate. I'll have to try to video tape him sometime.

And three cheers for Matty who took a bottle all day! And was just a happy baby all day. Duke did great at Lani's and Kirsten's too. He even ate! When I told him he was going to Brock's this morning, he just pushed me away and ran there. He's a fan of Brock.




We still average 3-4 blowouts a week over here.




Duke's valentine party at school. DIY ice cream sundaes. He was very excited about all the heart suckers he got with his valentines.





Gosh, I love this baby. I want to eat his cheeks sometimes.


He has such pretty eyes, and he's oozing with sweetness.





Climbing trees at the YMCA. Climbing trees is such a big part of childhood IMO.





Playing iPad in my bed at the end of the day.

No comments: