Me: Once upon a time, there was a boy named Will and he was on the bus going to school when a herd of elephants crossed the road!
Will: then the police came.
Me: did the police come to help the elephants cross the road?
Will: no, to shoot them.
Me: then what happened?
Will: they died. The end.
I was envisioning a happier ending, but I'm glad he is using his imagination, even if its morbid.
I told him another story about him going on a mission with his friend Malcolm and teaching everyone about Jesus and Joseph Smith. When I finished, he said "Mom, that was a really good story."
Then he said, "Mom, you baby come out in 2 days and 80 seconds." You know, so hopefully some things are sinking in that head of his. I love our "pillow talks" at night. He's calm, and I feel like we both get a few minutes of real conversation with each other. Duke usually falls asleep right when his head hits the pillow, so I don't have as much time with him at night.
Today was such a pretty day. I went for a walk with Erica, did a little shopping at Kohls, ate at Phil's with friends, took Will to speech therapy, went to the grocery store, and then had FHE at home. Cort worked a little from home, even. It felt like a summer night. We've been watching videos on the Mormon Channel app for FHE and I'm amazed at how enthralled the boys are. They soak up those videos and ask to watch 3-5 of them.
Duke has been eating Reese Puffs for at least one meal a day for the last week. But tonight, he ate strawberries with his cereal! I'll take it!
Good weather just makes everything better.

Matty Ice has found his feet. He's smacking his lips together all the time. Probably his way of saying he's anxious for solids. He's now sleeping in his crib, without being swaddled. So far so good. Soon he'll be crying it out for the 2 am feeding. His baby noises are just adorable. Sometimes I wonder if he'll always be this happy. He just smiles and giggles all the time. I've decided 4 mos is my favorite baby age. They're happy, yet immobile, and troubleshooting their cries is pretty easy since they're either tired, hungry, or want to be held.
No comments:
Post a Comment