
Today marks the day that we have to return to our lives, sadly. I've been dreading this day for quite a while, pretty much since the holiday break started. School breaks for us mean lots of sleeping in, movies at all hours of the day, wandering aimlessly around malls and usually not buying anything, going out for lunch with coupons, hiking at Metro Parks, and tons of playing.
Today means I have to start (again) babysitting, file reading, cleaning/caring about what my house looks like, cooking, grocery shopping, meal planning, organizing, keeping up with the laundry, wearing clothes that match (or lets just be honest here... just trying to get out of my sweats before 11 am is a triumph in itself)... that's life.
I was thinking about how much I was not looking forward to this yesterday and I remembered my Relief Society President of the ward we were in right after we got married. Her husband was actually the Bishop of our singles ward where we met and we were very close with their family. I respected her very much and I'll never forget that when she was first married and a young mother, she didn't get excited about being a stay-at-home mom, but it occurred to her that by being a stay-at-home mom, her primary responsibility was to provide an environment where her family could feel the Spirit. And ever since then when I'm feeling bummed that I don't get out very much or sometimes don't get a shower when I want it, thinking that my primary responsibility is to provide an environment where my family can feel the Spirit, makes those things seems less important, and my role that much more important. I'll be telling myself that a lot these next few days until we're back in the groove:)
1 comment:
Yuck and double yuck. I understand completely, although your bishop's wife's comment does throw in some new perspective. I enjoyed getting caught up on your posts...I haven't been on in a long while. You Christmas posts were great. Gave me cold chills. It was soooo good to see you guys. I wish we could swing it more often. We'll keep you guys in our prayers as the job-hunting takes front seat the next couple of months. Love ya tons!
Post a Comment