Sunday, January 4, 2009

I really hope you don't get what I just had....

After being away for more than 2 weeks, Cortney and I were really looking forward to coming back to Columbus and being back in our own house. On our way, we had a layover in Las Vegas and Cortney's Aunt took us to the Bellagio buffet and everything was fine and dandy until we got to the airport and then it hit. Bad news. I have a tendency to faint when I'm sick and came this close (I'm pinching my fingers right now) to passing out and fell over while I was holding Will! Somehow made it on the plane without someone calling Child Protective Services and tried to quickly fall asleep before I puked. I slept for a little while and woke up feeling a little better, but then Cort said he was about to puke. So I took Will, while Cort tried with all of his muster to keep it down and not be 'that guy who puked on the plane'. We made it to Columbus both feeling weak, but got renewed energy being that much closer to home. We walked in our apartment and Cort said that if getting to the Celestial kingdom was anything like what it felt to get home that night, it was going to be a pretty cool place. I started feeling sick again, and went straight to bed (it was 1 am, however). The next 4 days were horrible. It was the flu/food poisoning/a mutant was taking over my body. I really didn't even get out of bed except to puke. And my whole body hurt- not just ached, hurt down to my bones. Luckily for us, Cort was still out of school and could take care of Will. But it definitely wasn't what I had envisioned for our homecoming. Oh well, hopefully I'm not due for another flu episode for a while seeing as how I had 2 in 2 weeks. And no, I'm not pregnant. Believe me- every time I feel sick a pregnancy test is my first step in troubleshooting, unfortunately.