Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold Day=PJ Day

About twice a winter in Ohio, there are a few days in a row where the temperature is in the single digits. One of those days is today. Yesterday the high was 9, today the high is supposed to be 3. They refer to them on the news as '"Arctic freeze" days and you are generally encouraged not to go anywhere and all the schools are closed. I don't have anywhere to be today and I am thrilled about that! We all stay home, wear sweats all day, play, and eat soup. Tomorrow its supposed to be 28 degrees. Not quite as warm as I'd like it, but I'll take it. Will and I went to COSI yesterday and I went down early to start the car and of course the door was frozen shut, but I got one of them open and started the car. When I got back inside the apartment, one of my knuckles was bleeding just from the cold exposure! Last night it was 25 below and when we woke up this morning, there was ice on the INSIDE of our living room windows! As I'm writing this, I'm looking out on our beautiful park and it is gorgeous- bright sun and very blue sky. So ironic how when its so bitterly cold are when the most beautiful days happen in the winter. Thankful I went to the grocery store earlier this week and we're stocked up for a while, thankful for feel-good soup, thankful for comfy sweats, and thankful for my electric blanket.

2 comments:

Tamber said...

There is nothing better than sitting inside in sweats, with blankets, warm soup and family to hang out with. I love those days.

AMY said...

I would sit inside with sweats and soup on an 80 degree day if I could. Those are the best days ever. Sorry about your knuckles!